Thursday, June 24, 2010

Interesting happenings at the campground





We had a beautiful Airstream pull in tuesday night. It was a couple of sights away from us, so I was able to admire it while it was there!  I was surprised to see a slide out on it, from what I can tell on the computer, they made those for a few years. I don't think they make them anymore, and I haven't find out why, yet.
The day before we had a smaller Airstream pull in, it was originally was going to stay 2 days, but they decided that they needed to get to Montana sooner than later, so they changed their stay to 1 day. It was a nice one, also.


Last Saturday night at about 1 o'clock in the morning, I was awakened by a terrible clanging noise. My first thought was that I was dreaming, but then I decided to look out the window.  All I could see was lights of a rig over by the office. Good Grief, I guess I better go check it out!  So, long story short,  it was a pick-up pulling a 5th wheel trailer, pulling about a 10ft enclosed trailer. As the guy was turning into our campground the hitch between the 5er and 10ft trailer became unwelded, and the trailer was flopping around with just the chains attached!   He was able to pull enough to the side of the road and detached the trailer.  Then with some difficulty he finally found his site that he had reserved.  The next day when I talked to him, he had had 2 blow outs on the way to the campground, that's why he was late arriving. Talk about a "BAD" day!  As it turned out he was able to leave the next morning, because of a monthly camper that is staying here, has a truck with all the equipment needed to fix the problem hitch!  I hope the rest of his trip continued to get better!  Oh yea, that same night the carbon monoxide detector went off a couple of hours later in our rig (I think it was just dusty and we have 2 other detectors in the rig that did not go off) , so we were a little sleep deprived the next day. 

Monday we had a gentleman pull in with this 1971 VW bus.  We went to chat with him, and he was very interesting.  He was folding down some metal shelves on the front of the bus, to turn it into a kitchen.  He is from California and has been gone 46 days and has gone 7000 miles so far. He has one other car a home and it is his normal driving car, which is a 1929 Model A.  He showed us pictures of it.  The next morning he stopped in the office on his way out and we got to talking about Full-timing RVing, he was very intrigue about it. He said to look for him "down the road"  You never know!



The same day we had this newer VW bus across the way.  2 in one day, I hardly see these anymore!
Then Tuesday morning while I was in the office we had a nice elderly lady rushing up the office.  She hurried in to tell me that the water was going full blast at their site and could not get it to turn off, even with  pliers. So, I ran over to the water faucet and turned it off.  I told her she might of been turning it the wrong way, she didn't like that.  So, then I said she must of loosened it for me.  She went on her way shaking her head.
So, that's the latest happenings at the campground!-M

2 comments:

  1. did you tell her lefty lucy, righty tighty?
    tss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it, but, I didn't want to push it, she wasn't a Happy Camper

    ReplyDelete