Wednesday, June 16, 2010

water water everywhere


Last Saturday Mom and I went to Lincoln for my niece's birthday party.  So, I took quite a few pictures of all of the full rivers, creeks and fields. Unfortunately by the time I got to the party, I only got one picture of Audrey before my battery in my camera went dead. Dang!!! My other nieces and nephews were there and I wasn't able to get anymore pictures. I've got to get a back-up battery!

This it a picture of the "Mighty MO"-quite full!!





Here is the Platte river by Fremont, a little too close for comfort, by the homes on the river!  It's just a little scary driving on a bridge, when you know the water is that close to it.

This is Logan creek, this is heading south, by the time we headed home it was much worse! But of coarse, my battery in my camera was dead, so no more pics.  By the next day, the highway that we had just traveled was closed, because of the flooding on the road.
Back at the campground, we've had a Bicyclist come through and tent camp. It's amazing what you can load on your bike.   A few motorcyclist  come through.  One pulling a tent trailer and they were going to stay  2 nights, but after the down pour of rain the first night, they must of decided one night was enough! (We had 4 nights in a row of downpours!)  Sunday we had a Gentleman come in from Arizona, on his way to North Dakota and Yellowstone.  He was traveling by himself, he said he had to fly his wife back home, because she was still working!!  Too bad for her!! (or maybe she likes it that way) Oh, yes we had another vintage Airstream come through and stayed a night. This was a long one, about 28 ft.
Monday, we had our friends, Barb and Jeff stop by for the evening.  They are on their way to Minnesota for Vacation. We tried out a new restaurant in town, I had the pulled pork sandwich and fries. It was quit tasty. It was good to see old friends!!
It is suppose to be close to 90 degrees today, hopefully it will dry up some of the wet fields!
Later-M

No comments:

Post a Comment