Tuesday, June 22, 2010

catching up

Saturday was Mom and Dad's 55th Anniversary, so the 4 of us went to Bev's on the River in Sioux City. We had a nice view of the "Full" Missouri river! It's a very nice restaurant, good food and pleasant surroundings.  Vel had to critique the stained glass inside the restaurant.
 


After we ate, we walked outside and checked out the river.  I think there was a boat advisory out, to stay off the river, because of all the debris in the water, but that didn't stop a few boaters.  We saw several large logs and what looked like a big metal barrel floating down the river, in a very short span of time.  I know I would of never put my boat in, seeing all of that!  I hate to think what would happen to a boat if it ran into it.  
East side of Bev's and in front of the Marina, is a Hamburger placed called Jolly Rogers, maybe one of these days we will make it there to eat. In the background is a bridge that connects Nebraska and Iowa.
After we left here we drove to Ponca State Park in Nebraska, I'll show pics of that drive tomorrow.-M


No comments:

Post a Comment