Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ponca State Park


It was a perfect day to drive to Ponca State Park on Saturday.  I think I was in grade school the last time I was there.  The last few years, I have heard about all the improvements that they have made to the park.  I truly don't remember what it use to look like, but now it is pretty nice.
The views of the Missouri river are beautiful, the river looks a lot calmer in the area, but it is still full! The campgrounds are nice with alot of shade.  At one point driving through, Vel commented that it felt like we were in western Oregon, with all the tree overhang.  There is alot of tent camping areas and a couple of RV camping areas.  It looks like they have electric and some with water.  We decided that bringing our rig here would not be an option.  To many windy roads and tight spaces.  But it is a beautiful park!

On the way home, I stopped along the road to get a picture of these windmills.  Someone has placed quite a few different windmills, with a sign next to them, explaining what type it is.  Pretty cool!-M

No comments:

Post a Comment