Friday, April 9, 2010

Running around


Yesterday, I went to the Dentist for a check-up and cleaning (all's good!) Then I stopped at my former workplace (that sounds weird) and handed in my keys and beeper, as I am no longer PRN there.  It was nice to see some of my co-worker friends.
Then in the afternoon Michelle, Joni, Vel and I went to Omaha. We first drove to south of the Old Market to find Orsi's. It's an Italian Bakery in "Little Italy" of Omaha.  We are still on our quest for Italian Castelvetrano Green Olives. We had some in a restaurant in Florida a couple years back, they have a buttery, very smooth taste to them.  We found some in the Italian area (The Hill) of St. Louis, last fall and also ordered some online. But we haven't found the exact same tasting ones. We may never find them, but it sure is fun to hunt for them.
We then went to the Broadmoor Grocery on Pacific Street in the Countryside Villiage area. It is a quaint little store, with some unique items.

After that we went to Whole Foods, ate a mid afternoon lunch there and then did a little shopping.  We never did find any of "the" olives, but we found a few other goodies!  Such as  sourdough bread with chunks of garlic in it-Yum!  It was a fun day and I got my grocery store fix!-M

No comments:

Post a Comment