Sunday, July 10, 2011

Full waterway


Full waterway
  Behind my folk's house, I'm not sure if you consider it a creek or what. It's just a little small waterway that runs through town. But in June we received quite a bit of rain and it seemed every time it rained, this waterway would fill up considerably!  I shot the pictures from the dining room window.  The football field, on the other side, would have to be completely flooded before any threat of it coming up to the house. But it sure gets full!!

The normal waterway
Normally it hardly has any water in it, mostly tall grasses and I'm sure a few frogs!
Vel and I went to JC Fremont days yesterday. They made the largest Spam sandwich in the world. I forgot my camera, but took some with my phone.  So, maybe I'll post them when I get them off the phone.
We also walked through the car show, it was one of the biggest one's I've seen lately. I love to look at all different kinds of cars. They had a few motorcycles and scooters also.  We filled ourselves with BBQ, funnel cakes, corn dogs and fresh lemonade.  We didn't have the guts to try the Spam sandwich, but saw a few people walking around with a large platefuls of it. (No Thanks!!) 
It was nice to get back to my folk's house to cool off-Later_M

No comments:

Post a Comment